For more than 237 years, America has been the most free, peaceful, prosperous, generous and yes, well-armed society on earth. Through most of this period, parents taught their children to pray, to honor thy mother and father, to tell the truth, to work, sacrifice, earn and own, to respect others and yes, to properly handle weapons.
For 223 of those years, kids often carried arms with them to school in order to go hunting with their friends after school and not once did any child take up arms and go on a killing spree against innocent random targets in a school, a mall, a theater or a Chucky Cheese or McDonalds. For most of this period, nearly every boy carried a pocket knife, just like Dad and Grandpa did…
But since 1999, something very evil has been happening with increasing regularity and it’s time for us to take a good hard look at the patterns of these mass killings and the motives and trends behind them.
Between 1963 under Lyndon Johnson and 1998 under Bill Clinton, America experienced ten (10) “mass shootings,” none of them involving children randomly killing children. This calculates to one such incident every 2.8 years in America during this 35 year period, all of them involving adults with a specific axe to grind, a specific target and reason for their actions. Over the last five years, we have seen these events skyrocket to 2.4 mass shootings each year.
But on April 20, 1999 at Columbine High School in Littleton Colorado, a suburb of Denver, something changed when 18-year-old Eric Harris and 17-year-old Dylan Klebold killed 12 fellow students and one teacher before committing suicide in the school library.
This date marks the first time in American history when two teenage children plotted and carried out a mass killing of innocent random targets in a public school. What had changed?
- 8 killed – March 21, 2005 – Red Lake High School, Red Lake, Minnesota. 16-year-old Jeff Weise kills his grandfather and another adult, four fellow students, a teacher and a security officer. He then kills himself.
- 32 killed – April 16, 2007 – Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia. A gunman, 23-year-old student Seung-Hui Cho, goes on a shooting spree killing 32 people in two locations and wounds an undetermined number of others on campus. The shooter, Seung-Hui Cho then committed suicide.
- 8 killed – December 5, 2007 - In Omaha, Nebraska, 19-year-old Robert Hawkins goes to an area mall and kills eight shoppers before killing himself.
But this was just the beginning… January 2009 to present…and counting
Ten years after Columbine, the situation would become much worse…
- 8 killed – March 29, 2009 – In Carthage, North Carolina, 45-year-old Robert Stewart kills a nurse and seven elderly patients at a nursing home. In May, the Moore County district attorney announces she will seek the death penalty. On September 3, 2011, a jury finds Stewart guilty of second-degree murder and Stewart is sentenced to 141 to 179 years in prison.
- 10 killed – March 10, 2009 - In Alabama, Michael McLendon of Kinston, kills 10 and himself. The dead include his mother, grandparents, aunt and uncle.
- 13 killed – April 3, 2009 - In Binghamton, New York, Jiverly Wong kills 13 people and injures four during a shooting at an immigrant community center. He then kills himself.
- 13 killed – November 5, 2009 - Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan kills 13 people and injures 32 at Fort Hood, Texas, during a shooting rampage. He is convicted and sentenced to death.
- 8 killed – January 19, 2010 – Christopher Speight, 39, kills eight people at a house in Appomattox, Virginia. He surrenders to police at the scene the next morning, and is charged with one count of murder with additional charges pending.
- 8 killed – August 3, 2010 – Manchester, Connecticut – Omar Thornton kills eight co-workers at Hartford Distributors before turning the gun on himself. Thornton had been asked to resign for stealing and selling alcoholic beverages.
- 6 killed – January 8, 2011 – U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and eighteen others were shot during a constituent meeting held in a supermarket parking lot in Casas Adobes, Arizona, in the Tucson metropolitan area. Six people died, including federal District Court Chief Judge John Roll; Gabe Zimmerman, one of Rep. Giffords’ staffers; and a nine-year-old girl, Christina-Taylor Green. Jared Lee Loughner was the shooter.
- 8 killed – October 12, 2011 – Eight people are killed during a shooting at the Salon Meritage in Seal Beach, California. The suspect, Scott Evans Dekraai, 41, of Huntington Beach, is arrested without incident as he is trying to leave the scene. The eight dead include Dekraai’s ex-wife, Michelle Fournier, 48. He was armed with three guns — a 9 mm Springfield, a Smith & Wesson .44 Magnum, and a Heckler & Koch .45 — and was wearing body armor during the shooting rampage.
- 12 killed – July 20, 2012 - Twelve people are killed and 58 are wounded in a shooting at an Aurora, Colorado, movie theater screening of the new Batman film. James E. Holmes, 24, is taken into custody outside of the movie theater. The gunman is dressed head-to-toe in protective tactical gear, set off two devices of some kind before spraying the theater with bullets from an AR-15 rifle, a 12-gauge shotgun and at least one of two .40-caliber handguns police recovered at the scene.
- 27 killed – December 14, 2012 - Sandy Hook Elementary School – Newtown, Connecticut. Adam Lanza, 20, guns down 20 children, ages 6 and 7, and six adults, school staff and faculty, before turning the gun on himself. Investigating police later find Nancy Lanza, Adam’s mother, dead from a gunshot wound. The final count is 28 dead, including the shooter.
- 12 killed – September 16, 2013 - Shots are fired inside the Washington Navy Yard killing 12. The shooter, identified as Aaron Alexis, 34, is also killed.
- December 13, 2013 – Centennial Colorado – The shooter, identified as 18-year-old Karl Halverson Pierson, shot two students before turning the gun on himself.
The number of mass killings has skyrocketed with twelve (12) mass-shootings between January 2009 and today. Despite increasing gun-control laws popping up across the country, most notably in Colorado, mass shootings are clearly on the rise since 2009 and it begs the question, why?
Compare those numbers again… ten (10) incidents over a 35 year span with no children behind the weapon, compared to twelve (12) in just the last 5 years under the watchful eye of the Obama Administration.
Something very significant is happening since March of 2009…
- According to the Obama Administration, American veterans are a grave threat in this area. However, the record shows that only two of these twelve incidents involved shooters with any military background, one of which was a Muslim Terrorist screaming “Allah Akbar” as he killed unarmed soldiers at Ft. Hood, the other a known mental screwball at the Washington Navy Yard, neither of whom targeted “random” civilians. There is no basis for Obama’s claim that veterans are involved in this trend.
- According to the Obama Administration, “assault weapons” are the problem, yet almost every incident involved the use of handguns and/or a shot gun, including the recent shooting at Centennial Colorado, which also involved homemade Molotov cocktails and a machete.
- According to the Obama Administration, thanks to the Southern Poverty Law Center, “right-wing extremists” are the primary threat concern for such events. Yet again, none of the active shooters involved in these events were “right-wing extremists” on a political mission. The majority of shooters were actually “left-wing” social misfits.
- According to the Obama Administration, “right-wing” militia types are a grave threat to American society. Yet none of these mass shooting incidents were carried out by “right-wing militia types.”
- According to the Obama Administration, “guns” in the hands of legal law-abiding citizens is the problem. But none of these events were carried out by legal law-abiding American citizens.
But there is indeed a set of common traits among the shooters involved in these acts…
- · ALL of these events were “illegal” acts… laws don’t stop crime
- · These events have taken place in states and cities with the strictest gun laws in America
- · They have all taken place in cities governed by left-leaning Democrats
- · The same people trying to disarm Americans to “save these kids” have killed over 50 million Natural Born American children before they could even be born
- · Most had known mental disorders
- · Most had horrific home situations
- · Most were on mind altering prescription drugs
- · Many were “left-wing” political activists
- · Most were social misfits who had been bullied
- · Most were introverts who spent hours playing violent video games
- · Most were under some form of psychiatric supervision
- · None were carrying weapons “legally”
The Obama Administration has refused to publish any of this information. Most of this information has been covered up by the main stream media in the push for broad gun-control.
The day before the most recent school shooting in Centennial Colorado, four people were stabbed at a post-game party after the Denver Bronco’s loss at home. A few days before that, another party shooting happened following an upset loss by the nation’s top ranked Crimson Tide.
In Chicago and other major cities, kids are playing a “knock out game” in which they pick a random person walking down the street to sucker-punch and knock out cold.
What is really going on?
It all adds up to a total lack of respect for human life, decency, moral foundations and individual liberty. It shines a spotlight on the breakdown of the nuclear family, the moral degradation of American society, the over-use of psychotropic drugs, and the failed notion that “society” can raise children better than decent honest parents can…
Statistically speaking, life in Chicago is more dangerous than military deployment in Afghanistan and with increasing regularity, the violence involves children. It must be pointed out that Chicago leads the nation in both anti-Second Amendment statutes and gun violence.
The question isn’t how children are killing random innocent victims, but why?
And why have these events skyrocketed under the Obama Administration?
Most of these events end with the shooter turning the gun on themselves. They have lost all “hope” and do not appear to like the “changes” happening in America.
American’s must ask the right questions in order to get to the right answers….
Begin with… Why have there been more of these killing in the last five years than the preceding thirty-five years…? And why are children now behind the gun?
The guns used in these crimes are no more responsible for the crime than the shoes worn to walk to the shooting site. Guns have been part of American culture for more than 237 years, but what is happening today is quite new.
Supporters of Democratic Socialism will deny that they have any responsibility for these events, but there is no running from the fact that these events started on their watch and have skyrocketed under their leadership.
What impact is “hope and change” really having on our children? Why are children killing?