Let’s try a little event history here to make sense of this Russian election hacking accusation. It’s not exactly in order, rather it is how the events appear to connect and make sense to me, with lots of speculation on my part.
* Hillary Clinton sets up a private email server as Secretary of State, so that she can hide her correspondence from government scrutiny and from becoming part of the public record. This is because it might open her up to future criminal charges if the content of her emails ever became public or were officially investigated.
* John Podesta, who is running the Hillary campaign for President, writes a bunch of emails during the campaign which later implicate him in all kinds of unethical behavior.
* Seth Rich, Democrat staffer and insider, is shot in the back two times while walking home. His death is classified as a robbery gone bad, and no further investigation is pursued, even though it appears an obvious murder.
* The Russians allegedly hacked the State Department. Russian hacking allegations go back at least a year before the election, yet nothing is done by the Obama Administration. Lots of other nations like China are hacking our government as well.
* Wikileaks publishes a ton of really juicy emails from Clinton and Podesta that they never wanted to see the light of day. The emails show how truly corrupt they both are, how many possible crimes they may have committed, how they rigged the primaries against Bernie Sanders, how the Clinton Foundation was “pay to play,” how much collusion there was with the Leftist media, and how they really ran their campaign.
* FBI Director Comey announces that no criminal charges will be brought against Hillary Clinton, even though in congressional hearings especially with Trey Goudy, Comey reveals that Clinton lied on numerous occasions during her investigation, and also mishandled classified information as Secretary of State, which is a crime.
* The conservative news media is all over the emails giving everyone the vital information they need to make a decision on the election. The Leftist media in cooperation with the Clinton campaign tries to cover it up, spin the email content, and dismisses all the emails as nothing to see.
* The voters take the information from Wikileaks and use it as part of their decision on whom to vote for.
* FBI Director Comey decides to open up the investigation again for possible criminal charges against Hillary Clinton. It’s all over the media because it is right before the election. But again, no charges are filed. Clinton and the Democrats are furious.
* Trump wins the election. No accusations of Russian hacking or interfering with the election are made.
* The Left and Democrat Party are unable and unwilling to accept the results of the election so they: riot, claim the overall popular vote means something when its irrelevant, stage recounts using the Green Party like a straw purchase, make death threats to the electors and other things to try and sabotage the electoral college vote, stage fake crimes like church burnings and try to make it look like Trump supporters did it, and when all else has failed start an elaborate campaign that the Russians had hacked the DNC to get the emails and impact the election.
* This whole campaign is created to steer the media from reporting any further on what was in the Clinton and Podesta emails, to reporting on where they came from.
* Obama, his Administration, liberal Republicans, and the Leftist media, all cooperate on a campaign to focus on the Russians as the only source of the emails to Wikileaks.
* The propaganda folks of Obama and Clinton take over and change the dialog in the media from the Russians hacked the DNC emails, to the Russians hacked the election.
* No evidence is offered that the Russians did anything to our election.
* No information is given as to what the Russians actually did to influence the election. No claim is made that they changed any votes, hacked any voting machines, or did anything to alter the outcome of the election.
* The Administration/media allegation is that the Russians hacked the election to get Donald Trump to be President even though Hillary Clinton, being the far weaker and more Leftist candidate, and because of her record as Secretary of State, would have been the obvious choice for the Russians. She can be hacked with her private server, blackmailed with Foundation crimes, and her foreign policy decisions are tragic and flawed.
* The claim is made that all 17 of our intelligence agencies agree the Russians hacked our election, but still no evidence or information is given about the hack.
* Who knew we had 17 intelligence agencies? How many can you name? CIA, FBI. NSA, NRO, DIA, DHS, and that’s just from memory.
* The House Select Intelligence Committee invites all the intelligence agencies to show up and explain how the Russians hacked the election. They all decline.
* No one asks IF the Russians hacked the election anymore. The propaganda campaign just assumes they did, and then accuses anyone who doesn’t believe it as being an idiot or un-American, and then accuses them of endangering the country. Just like the Benghazi video at the time immediately after the attack, no one asked IF it caused the attack, it was assumed that it did, so no other cause would be investigated.
* Obama orders a bunch of sanctions on Russia and expels 35 Russian diplomats. Still no evidence or information is given as to what the Russians did to hack or change the outcome of the election.
* Julian Assange of Wikileaks denies the Russians are the source of the Clinton/Podesta emails. Seth Rich is discussed as the possible Wikileaks email source, but Assange will neither confirm nor deny this as all sources are protected. Wikileaks offers $20,000 for information leading to the conviction of his murderers.
* John McCain holds hearings on television where our intelligence information about Russian, Chinese and other hacks is out in the open for the world. Everyone hears what we don’t know about the countries who are hacking us, and how bad the situation with cyber security really is.
* Donald Trump is skeptical of the whole thing and is getting his own intelligence briefing. Can’t wait to read the tweets on this.
* The actual, written, intelligence report on the Russian hacking isn’t due out for a week, yet the sanctions and expulsions that were ordered based on this report have already been done. Ironic that this is before the report supposedly justifying the expulsions and sanctions is even out, negating the need to justify anything in the report since the action has already been taken.
* No one knows for sure what is in the report, how many agencies contributed to the report, how much will stay classified, whether the report will document what the Russians actually did to influence or change the election, or whether there is any evidence in the report as to what the Russians actually did.
* It doesn’t matter what is in the official report, what the Russians did or didn’t do, where the leaks actually came from that Wikileaks published, because NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT WHAT IS IN THE EMAILS ANYMORE!!! No one is investigating Clinton or her Foundation as far as we know. Nothing about it is in the news.
* Mission accomplished. The campaign of deception and substitution worked. The FBI investigation of Clinton and her Foundation is long gone from the headlines. It’s not a priority for Donald Trump. Hillary isn’t blamed by Democrats for her election loss, the Russians are, so proving Russian involvement is now irrelevant. Most important is that there are no pending charges and so Clinton doesn’t have to be pardoned by Obama.
* Clinton is now free to run for Mayor of New York. Maybe that is what this whole thing with the Russians was about from the beginning.
Sources and further reading: